Thursday, August 11, 2016


Outta Here

I wait beneath the willow.

So many young people.

The young men with their young women dancing.

Fireflies and a moon above.

Screw them all.

Lawn party..why am I here?

I need another martini.

I would go but my wife took my keys.

 

The Stars The Stars

 

All the night the moon shone

The stars burned in the golden sky,

I watch "Gilligan's Island"

On an old black and white TV.

I pass the window to get another drink

Thinking of the Professor.

There is no other life.

 

All the Holy Night

 

The immensity of the universe!

Reading the New Yorker

A nice New Yorker cartoon.

Skipping the shitty poems.

My Martini is so cold.

Look there's a cartoon I missed!

 

Something to Count On

 

The moon is like a gypsy playing a yellow guitar.

A martini is just a martini.

Every damn time.

 

The Plum Wine of the Buddha

 

The Plum Wine of the Buddha

Cannot properly be called a cocktail.

 

In Martini Veritas

 

After five martinis

Soft jazz

Still sounds like shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home